MILES FOR MESO REMEMBRANCE 5K - September 26, 2015
Joining six other locations nationwide, Victoria, Texas is hosting its first ever Miles for Meso Remembrance 5K race. Organized in memory of Robert G. Aikman, this year’s race is meant to honor and remember those who have been affected by mesothelioma, a rare cancer caused by exposure to asbestos. All proceeds from the Miles for Meso Remembrance 5K will go to the Mesothelioma Applied Research Foundation.
This is a family-friendly event, and wheelchairs, walkers and strollers are welcome. Organizers ask that attendees bring photos of loved ones to contribute to their Remembrance Wall.
2015 REGISTRATION INFORMATION
· Online: $25 July 6 – September 12 Register online now >>>
· On-site: $30 September 26 (cash only)
NOTE: Race day registration opens at 7:30 a.m. and is cash only.
What You Get
· Goodie bag
NOTE: T-shirt sizes and quantity will be limited at on-site registration.
Details for packet pickup will be provided closer to the date of the race.
· 7:30 a.m. – On-site Registration opens/ Raffle Ticket Sale begins
· 8:15 a.m. – Kids Super Sprint/ Ages 12 & Under (come dressed in your favorite superhero apparel)
· 8:45 a.m. – Kids Awards
· 9:00 a.m. – Presentations & Prayer
· 9:20 a.m. – Warm-up begins
· 9:30 a.m. – 5K Timed Race begins
· 10:45 a.m. – Awards for 5K Runners
· 11:15 a.m. – Raffle Drawing (must be present to win)
Can’t make it to the race, but would like to contribute? Make a charitable donation here >>>